Our Founders and Board of Directors:
Clayton Davie Jr.
Dr. Kay Honea
Dr. Byron Ketcham
Dr. Tim Thompson
Sherri Jackson Pereira
- Access to Safe Water is one of the leading humanitarian problems in the world. Our Founders and Directors have all participated in mission trips to Tanzania and other parts of Africa and have seen, first hand, the devastating effects of poverty, waterborne diseases, and lack of health care. It was out of these collective experiences that the urgent need for safe, clean water for rural communities was recognized. They also recognized that access to safe clean water on church property would attract members of the local community to the church where they could be introduced to the Gospel message.
- The results are powerful when you view our project list (56) and photos. Our administrative personnel are all volunteers and our Board members fund administrative expenses so 100% of your donated funds are used to complete the water purification installations in Tanzania. The need is great for safe, clean water and to bring the community to Christ. We ask for your help.
- Safe Water Africa supports Vision for Ministries Foundation in Tanzania which oversees and coordinates installation and start-up of all water purification projects. They are registered with the Tanzanian government under the non-profit non-governmental organization Act and led by Mr. Joel Rugano in Dar es Salaam. In Tanzania, they have a network of pastors, church leaders and other volunteers who identify the churches in areas where water purification is needed most and then install the water purification systems after the equipment and resources are provided by Safe Water Africa.
- We have completed 56 projects in 17 different provinces (regions) in Tanzania which has helped thousands by reducing illnesses and deaths from typhoid, cholera, dysentery, etc and has been instrumental in leading many to a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Seven (7) more projects are currently being planned and funded.
Safe Water changes everything!